Submitted: 08-07-2012 by hutchingsjanet

My boyfriend and I got our new Saugeen 16/6 from Bluewater canoes about 6 weeks ago. We researched extensively before we made this choice and are thrilled with our choice. We went with the Golden Brawn lay-up which is an ultra-light layup of kevlar, s-glass, and a secret layer with epoxy resin. The canoe weighs in at only 41 lbs. and has been "a pleasure to portage", as my boyfriend says. We have banged her up on some hidden rocks while canoeing at speed and she tolerates it easily. Also, the golden brawn colour shows no scratches unless you look VERY closely!

We've used the canoe on about 10+ trips, on rivers (not whitewater), large lakes and small lakes so far and she is a joy to paddle - very fast, tracks well, also very quiet and feels effortless to paddle. The deep dish yoke is really comfortable as well. We love this canoe, and look forward to having her for many years to come.

My only reason for giving this canoe a 9 out of 10 is because of some cosmetic flaws which are minor and do not effect to function of the canoe (bow thwart slightly crooked, and small area where the kevlar/epoxy material wasn't smoothed out completely). We highly recommend this canoe!!