Submitted: 08-06-2012 by WaccamawPaddler1

I recently purchased a used Hurricane Tampico 135L. It was in excellent condition other than a few small scratches on the bottom hull. I live on a lake that's 14 miles in circumference. Every Labor Day w/e we have a "Take The Lake" festival where the lake is paddled, walked/ran, biked & swam. Last year I paddled the lake in an Old Town Dirigo in 3 hours & 42 minutes. Prior to that paddle my longest paddle was 6 miles in the borrowed Dirigo. The first time I paddled the Tampico my time around the lake was 3:12. Next was 3:02 a couple weeks after the first paddle. Next was 3:14 the next day after the 3:02. I don't recommend two 14-mile paddles within 24 hours if you're still a paddling rookie like me.

I waxed the hull with Turtle Wax rubbing compound & removed most of the scratches. Looking forward to my next paddle. I hope to make the paddle in less than 3 hours. Any time less than 3:59 would have given me a top 5 finish in the past years out of 90-121 paddlers. I'd recommend this kayak to anyone as an EXCELLENT boat....as are all the larger Hurricane kayaks.

Update:
My latest paddle around the 14 mile lake was 2:59! I was thrilled to beat the 3 hour mark!I'm loving this Tampico 135L.