Submitted: 08-03-2012 by axman

I was looking for a kayak/canoe that I could use for fishing, crabbing or as a recreational kayak in a tandem configuration. The Nucanoe Frontier fits the bill. I do not believe there is a more versatile kayak/canoe on the market today.

Another big selling point was its stability. The secondary stability of this boat is unbelievable. I have seriously tried to flip it over to figure out where the limits were - WITHOUT any success. I stood in it, walked around on it and never felt unsafe. Keep in mind that this was my first time in a kayak in over 30 years.

This should lead one to the conclusion that it is a lumbering barge - Not at all! The Frontier tracks beautifully and is surprisingly fast. I have paddled it by myself with an injured passenger on board for 6 miles on the lake with no problems. It has a load capacity of 650lbs and my wife has loaded it up to the point that an onlooker asked: Are you sure its a kayak and not a houseboat?

Although I still don't know if its a kayak or a canoe - I would have given it an 11 on here if they let me.