Submitted: 07-24-2012 by trvlrerik
I am 6' 210lbs, bought the 165 as a pack mule for longer trips. With nearly 100lbs of cargo aboard this boat is stable and tracks beautifully, is very responsive to edging, I did not roll it fully loaded but I believe it is very do-able. I have been out in 4' swells and 30plus mph winds and it takes things very easily without a lot of fuss. A good skirt is essential as water will broach when waves come from the sides or rear, waves head on are cleanly sliced. Empty the boat can be a handful, it weathercocks when winds are quartering from the rear pretty badly, but can be corrected with edging and sweeps. Quartering waves from the rear require sweeps and braces to correct the course. If you have plans on using the boat empty I would suggest the rudder option that is available. The boat is about average speed for a boat of this length, glide is not great. With a little practice surfing is good but again breaking waves will wash up and attempt to clear the deck. Seats and outfitting are typical of WS boats, good and functional. This is a boat I will keep, it is a work horse.

I give this boat the rating 8 of 10 due to weight.