Submitted: 07-24-2012 by dloc

This canoe is a good solid starter. I got mine from my folks, they couldn't get along while paddling, kayaking fits them better. It is a bit slow but stability is great, flip only twice cause son tried to climb in from side and pulled it over. I've used it in class III rivers in Tn and lakes in north Texas. I was able to navigate and paddle myself in both river and lake. It has a middle seat and it does feel a bit more tippsey with a third person sitting up high how ever if they sit lower or on the floor that tippsey feel goes away. I've gone down class II standing up in the back with wife in front and son in the middle and it was very stable. I have been canoeing and kayaking for many years, growing up in the Rockies I spent many hours of my like growing up in rivers and creeks, this was the first canoe my wife and son have ever been in, I feel quite confident in the canoe that my wife and son can paddle it by their self down class II rivers or lakes while I'm in my kayak. If you are new to canoeing or looking for a nice stable canoe for your kids you can't go wrong with this canoe. I wouldn't recommend taking it down anything higher than a class III (or a class II for newbies,) because of the low sides. But if you want a good stable rec canoe for the lake or some river, or for some fishing you can't go wrong. The price won't break your wallet and the stability will keep your gear and you dry. Well that is my two cents not all will agree and not all will agree. Getting a canoe or a kayak is like shopping for a car or shoes you need to look about at you options and your budget find on that will do what you want it to do and one that is comfortable. Don't just take my review or anyone else's at that fact as to pure fact , look at all reviews find a place where you can try out different ones and pick one you like that is in your price range and you feel comfortable with and you will have many many years of enjoyment to come.

Danuu Kayak Covers: