Submitted: 07-17-2012 by PeterRhe

The Georgian Bay is a very enjoyable boat to paddle. Its hard chines allow course changes simply by leaning, the clean hull design slices through water very easily and the bow handles the waves quite well (have not yet had water come into the cockpit). My 1.8m, 85kg frame fits nicely in the cockpit and the rudder controls and thigh braces are conveniently placed.

Placing my camera (3kg) on the top deck or my dog (6 kg) on the cockpit edge alters stability very little. Hatches are very nicely designed. Boat itself is quite stable (though bouncy) in 0.5m waves. Wind tends to draw the boat toward itself but the rudder compensates very nicely. Have paddled calm streams and rivers as well as Lake Ontario (waves up to 0.5m) and have had no problem. When I broke the rudder mount on rocks (getting in too close to shore during a heavy swell) ClearWater Design replaced it at no cost!

I am very pleased with this boat and the with its manufacturer and would recommend both to anyone.