Submitted: 07-15-2012 by Josh in Maine

I just purchased a Kinetic Touring with the 700 blades and the bent shaft. It was narrowed down to this or the Werner Ikelos. The positive reviews about this paddle relieving wrist strain are what lead me to make the KT choice. I have had surgeries on both wrists and noticed them starting to feel "aggravated" after a few long paddles. The reviews were right on. This paddle is excellent. It is quite light, and the bent handle is perfect. The blade feels solid and has good pull.

I do have one thing that bothered me and it was the padlock system. Maybe it is just me though. I put the blades on to the end of the 2 piece shaft, and tightened. The blades still felt loose. I tightened a little more, still loose. I was really nervous about over tightening and breaking something because the directions really stressed not over tightening the paddle. Well I turned it very slowly and just a hair at a time and it did tighten up completely. Maybe it was just me worrying to much about breaking a 350$ toy.

I feel like I got an excellent deal on it at 340$ and change with shipping to the door. About 100$ less than I could find the Ikelos for.