Submitted: 07-13-2012 by fleuryjg

I fully support the positive comments made by the other reviewers. I have had the Axis 12.0 for three months now. I also own a sea kayak and a sit on top fishing one. This is a splendid all around kayak. Both initial and secondary stability are excellent. Track very well for a recreational kayak. I have tried other brands recreational kayaks and I haven't found anything better yet.

With the skeg down, it tracks like an arrow, very useful on a larger lake with a rear-side wind. The large cockpit makes it very easy to come in and out even for larger paddlers. It also comes with a very comfortable seat and plenty of room for the legs. The hatch lid is tight and totally leak-proof.

My wife and I have used it on flat water, small and large lakes. My wife loves it because she feels very secure and it is so easy to control. I have used it on Class I and II rapids and again it handles very well. My only word of caution would be to add a flotation bag up front; otherwise if you capsize the nose will quickly dive down. In a rapid this can result in causing damage to your boat and on flat water it will facilitate recovery. Mind you that on flat water if you wear a spray skirt and know how to brace, it becomes very difficult to capsize considering how stable the boat is.

In short, we are fully satisfied; I can only recommend this kayak very strongly.