Submitted: 07-11-2012 by Adam

After reading all the reviews here about how the Discovery handles, I was surprised with the poor reviews. I understand that it wasn't every review but still... So, I decided to write my own.

We have a Discovery 164, I know, 5 inches shorter than the 169 but the 169 was the replacement. My 164 is spectacular. She handles great on every type of water. When my wife and I go, unless we are in heavy water, I paddle the entire time. Same with when we go with my kids. With no help. On rivers and lakes. In wind and no wind. I haven't had a bit of trouble. I'm not a giant bodybuilder type either. I'm 6'3 275lbs.

I guess the bottom line here is that I love our Discovery and find it to be a very capable boat. I like it even more than our kayaks. I'd say that if you're looking to buy, I'd recommend the Discovery series every time! Enjoy.