Submitted: 07-11-2012 by sdt

After reading many of the reviews, I am beginning to wonder if we are really talking about the same canoe. I love the weight of the Vagabond, but when it comes to STABILITY, there is not. I read where people took a dog along -- I can barely keep it from capsizing when it is just me and calm water. It dumped my twice this weekend.

The thwart directly behind the seat hits me right in the back. If i try to get something out of a pack stored behind me, i have to pull up to shore or risk dumping again. It paddles well, carries well, is strong and well made, but i think it is unstable. TRY IT OUT BEFORE YOU BUY IT!! I had a 17/15/13 Coleman in years gone by. This is much better quality, and paddles much better, but I'll take the Coleman for stability.

I use the canoe for river fishing, and that is all. Maybe if i road the rapids or jumped damns it would like the Vagabond, but it will be on Craigs list soon.