Submitted: 07-10-2012 by Erik Blohm

Recently bought a Wilderness System Tsunami 140 roto. I am 6'1" 220lbs with 10yrs experience whitewater kayaking. I recently decided to tone down the adrenaline factor but still want to get out on the water. I have a lot of flat water much closer to home than the WW rivers. This past week I have had the opportunity to spend a couple hours in the boat.

I am impressed with the speed and tracking ability of this boat. I have paddled a Glass Looksha IV a bit in the past and this thing feels about as fast and tracks nearly as straight for a grand less! I paddled about 10 miles in Lake Erie with 1-2' chop and protected glass water also. Their is a slight tendency to weathervane but much less so than the Looksha. I have not even used the rudder yet and may remove it. The boat rolls super easy although I have maybe a thousand under my ...skirt... over the past ten years!

All in all great boat easier to load on my own than a 17' boat and nearly as fast. I would note that the Tsunami seems to scratch rather easy. This boat (Tsunami 13.5) was recently used on a well publicized Baffin Island circumnavigation by Jon Turk so I figured It must be pretty tough.