Submitted: 07-06-2012 by Jon

I have owned the fiberglass Impex Currituck for about 5 years and love the boat. For several years, however I felt that it was a bit too responsive for the conditions I often paddle in around Casco Bay (wind, waves, etc.) Recently, however, I lowered the seat 3/4 of inch by removing the seat and marking out a parallel curve to the foam on the front and back side of the existing foam seat, leaving a small amount of foam underneath the existing seat. I cut the foam with a serrated fishing knife and it cut easily and cleanly. I put plastic spacers in and increased the four 1/4" dia. seat bolts (with stainless bolts) to 1.5" in length and it dramatically improved the stability of the boat for me, with a lowered center of gravity.

I would now give the boat now a 10 whereas before it was an 8 due to feeling too "playful".
I am 5'11", 190 lbs and find the fit nearly perfect, as is. I have a 12.5 shoe size and find the room for my feet more than sufficient, especially when I wear a more minimalist paddling shoe or Vibram five fingers. Wearing full-size sneakers is not recommended.

The finish and quality of the boat is outstanding. The hatches have never leaked, the skeg works beautifully. Everything about the boat is high quality. The only exception to this was the back band latches which immersion research has helped me replace quickly for stainless latches which they now use exclusively. IR has excellent customer service.

This is a beautiful extremely well-made boat which is a joy to paddle.