Submitted: 07-05-2012 by ETL

I have an '09 MR14 which I would have given a 10 to but it broke right under the seat, I believe that this is a problem they have had and hopefully addressed since I just bought a MR12 looking for more ability to move. I'm am 270lbs and don't carry much but a plastic fishing box and 2 fishing poles...

I used the 14 many times and then early this year I noticed that it seemed heavy in the water only to find 2 cracks under the seat by the not used scuppers (they don't go through to the inside) I was first told by the dealer that I'd get a new one from the factory was happy for that but really didn't want a new boat as I love this one, but the factory said no as I'm not the 1st owner but the second. When I bought it from a dealer I was assured that they have a lifetime guarantee which my new 12 says in the book that came with it so now I'm hoping that the new 12 doesn't break in the same spot. I have patched the 14 three time now with Flex epoxy which was recommended by the dealer that tried to get me a new one and it hasn't worked, it's good for one ride then it peels and leaks, have done the repair as it says in the package and no good.... very upsetting as I do love the boat. So if buying used flip the yak and look at the scuppers under the seat. Other wise they are very good boats as all the others here have stated.