Submitted: 06-29-2012 by albodad

This is hands down a great kayak for the rec user/ long daytripper. Light weight, easy to paddle, easy to maneuver and fast. But still stable enough for a beginner. I looked for literally 6 months and tried out different brands before settling on the Santee 126. I already had a Dagger Blackwater 12.5 but needed another so my son and I could each have one. This fit the bill perfectly.

While it won't handle rough white water or rocky conditions as well as my Dagger, that is not what I bought it for or it's intended use. In rivers where I am not going to scrape the bottom constantly or in lakes this kayak excels. Though I don't live near the ocean, I am certain this would do well in bays, backwaters and near the coast as mine has handled the chop and waves of a nearby lake with ease.
Oh, and this is definitely one of the best LOOKING kayaks out there as well.
Haven't tried an overnighter yet, but sure this yak can handle it.

Only complaints, and they are minor ones, is the lack of a drain plug and no cup/ bottle holder. But for all the other fine features,including generous storage space in the stern bulkhead, this is a true keeper.

My thanks to Dave at D&D Outfitters in Cincinnati for answering my many questions and helping me select this fine craft.