Submitted: 06-26-2012 by Jim

Picked up my FND on May 28, 2012 and went straight to the lake. I have a bass boat and love to fish. I wanted a Kayak in order to get out on the water without always having to launch my boat. The FND is very stable which was my top priority. I have the large rectangle hatch and smaller round hatch. The round hatch is not accessible when I am seated in the Kayak. I use the large hatch to stow PFD. I wish the FND had a bit more room for my feet between the storage hatch and side walls.

My FND seems to take on more water than I expected. I get water in the rear area and foot well without me in it - not the "high and dry" ride I heard about and expected. I ordered 3 sets of scupper plugs from Cobra at a cost of over $55.00. The plugs were a real disappointment and don't work. I replied to Cobra's request for feed back and haven't heard from them. So much for customer satisfaction.

All in all, I like the FND. The stability is great and the fish-ability is good when properly rigged. It would have been nice to hear back from Cobra about the scupper plugs!