Submitted: 09-18-2000 by RCK

I have been searching for a kayak that would fit my needs for awhile now. I rented a Wilderness System kayak (Cape Hatteras) and was severely disappointed. I emailed some of the owners of the loon and they still gave it high marks. I took a chance and I have never been so happy with a decision in my life. This boat is AWSOME . It turns on a dime. The loon is water tight four hours and the water inside couldn't be drained with an eyedropper.(with no spray skirt in medium choppy water) If you're reading the reviews and they don't sound great trust me this boat is not the fastest but you will not find a better ride anywhere. The wideth of this boat is good and bad. You will not win any races, but you will have no problem staying up with the high end boats.. I have paddled the Manteo and fine the loon to be a far superior ride . It tracks well, even in high winds. When I first saw the reviews I was planning to purchase the optional rudder, But not any more. This kayak tracks straight and true. I would recommend a 230 to 240 cm paddle . This is a wide boat,far from a skinny touring boat. Dollar for dollar this boat out shines the competition. If you want to see the world and stay dry , THIS IS YOUR BOAT.