Submitted: 06-20-2012 by H.L. Alexander

I bought my Fourteen 5 Expedition in 2007 as a novice kayaker. I love my boat! I am 5'10" 240 lbs so I am a bigger guy (55 years old). This is plenty of boat for me. The hatches are super dry, scuffs and marks rub right out with a mild abrasive, seat cushions are coming apart at the edges a bit but some fresh adhesive will fix that up, and it has seen extensive use so no complaints there.

I am considering moving up to the Eighteen 5 because I am getting into longer excursions and the extra storage will be handy (want to spend a month in Newfoundland next year!) Have had offers to look at other boats, trades offered etc. I have found a winner in Delta Kayaks and I am sticking with them.

My boat was one of the early production models and the initial (black) side supports did not withstand the stress from straps on my roof mounts or my kayak cart. Got replacements and adhesive from Delta through my dealer, but the following year they had failed as well so I contacted Delta directly. They quickly sent me redesigned brackets/supports and I installed those. Have had no problem since.

Great boat, great customer support, I love Delta kayaks.... can't wait to paddle my next one! See you all on the water!