Submitted: 06-20-2012 by Petra

This is my first Kayak and I did quite a bit of research before settling on the Carolina. I was looking for a boat that would take me on rivers, streams, and lakes (Lake Michigan), so far its exceeded my expectations. I tried out several different kayaks (Wilderness Systems Tsunami, Pungo, Dagger Alchemy) and this one was the perfect width for me and was not too enclosed, but not too open either.

I like the dry storage in the front and back, and there is plenty of room behind my seat and in front of me to put items that I would like accessible. So far the choppiest water I've been on is by the Hoan bridge on the Milwaukee river and it handed very well, it was only me that felt a bit unsure due to lack of experience.

I am thrilled with this purchase and look forward to many days paddling with my Caroline. The only reason for not giving a 10 is because it is a bit heavy and I have some problems transporting it, but I am figuring it out. Keep that in mind if you are a small individual.

Advanced Elements: