Submitted: 06-19-2012 by MaggieNM

I have had my AF for almost two years and finally feel like I can write a complete review. I have had it on lakes and calm rivers and have enjoyed it thoroughly. But yesterday made me love this kayak even more. I did a day run on the Lower Chama River (Northern NM) with class Is, IIs, and some easy IIIs. I ended up using the skirt (for the first time) and after getting some water in the boat finally got it cinched just right around the combing and stayed dry through the last class III.

This boat is so agile and stable. I never felt unsafe, even while zooming towards rock walls through the rapids. It was also so much faster than the ducky (good quality one) and the two packcats I was traveling with. I spent quite a bit of the day backpaddling because I did not want to be in front.

As far as packability, I like to fold the boat, with the seat and floor, after it has been out in the sun because it is so much more pliable. I do wish the carry bag had a shoulder strap or longer carry straps.

The construction is exceptionally tough. I did go over a couple of rocks but the hull shows nothing. It still looks like it is brand new. For extra comfort I put a little inflatable pad under my seat. It keeps me up a little higher and is just more comfortable. I am 5'3", 110 pounds, and can carry this boat inflated with no problem. I put my dry bag in the front and push my feet against it. The pump goes behind the seat with the skirt and my lunch.

People seem to be fascinated with this boat when they see it. Love this boat.