Submitted: 06-14-2012 by Cass

When I first bought my Aloha, it was very hard to keep it straight. But I told myself I would master it's quirks and now I really love it! I'm unconscious of any overcompensating maneuvers to control it and it is like second nature to me. I'm over 200 lbs. but it holds me just fine. It is only like 8 inches deep to start with, so yes I lowride a bit, but who cares, I'm having fun. It is also good if you want to really move it out, like I do, and get a good speed built up and a great paddling workout. Low, close sides plus the short bow allow you to dig in your paddle for a full, close stroke from bow to rear. Yes, more tippy than a rental, but it's only a matter of time before you master the balance of this kayak.

I would fully suggest this kayak to those willing to learn the techniques required of using it...a great bargain, if this is you!! Also, love the lightweight, and short size, which fits perfectly in the longbed of my 4 X 4.