Submitted: 06-14-2012 by tugboat95

I purchased this as something to do with my son. Neither one of us a little people, I'm 6'5 275lbs. My kid is 5'5, 180 lbs and growing. Anyway I bought for the 660 lbs capacity as we plan to take it camping around home and need to haul gear. Two things. Its great for that. It will hold it!!

My first use of the kayak was by myself in the single user configuration. I hated it! It was hard to handle, didn't track well and all in all not a fun experience. But I gave it another shot, but this time in the tandem mode with my son. It was like getting into a race car. This thing needs the weight. Just with him sitting in it, I was able to paddle it easier and faster than by myself. Now if I'm alone, I put a cooler full of river water in the bow just to weight it down and paddle from the rear.

This is a good kayak for single use to haul gear and an awesome one to go tandem. I have found the more weight the better. Seems weird, but that's the way I like it. and the best part is me and my son are having fun together with it for very little money invested.