Submitted: 06-06-2012 by SW

I have been paddling this boat for about 16-17 years now and still think it's the finest river boats I've ever had. A Mad River rep. at an event took it for a spin and said it was the best handling canoe he's ever paddled.

I've had 5 canoes from these guys (sold them in Michigan) and you MUST hand pick your boat as quality varies a great deal. These boat are sold in the States by American Trader's. All the boats are made by some no name company, somewhere in Quebec, although they claim to build them near Lake of Bays.

Of the 5 I kept the Prospector in carbon fiber with ash and mahogany trim, she's gorgeous, fast and turns on a dime!! The wood work is a 12, but the interior coat is for shit. That's why I gave it an 8.
Don't let Keith talk you into taking any boat that is not up to Mad River quality!!