Submitted: 06-05-2012 by Newf88

Well, I'll start by saying for the price you cannot beat this kayak!!!! It's great for skinny water (bays, marsh, lakes, etc.). For that kind of fishing I give this kayak a 10/10, its quick, turns great, and you can easily sit side saddle, scoot forward and reach stuff in the front hatch, or sit side saddle and reach anything in the back. I'm around 200-210lb and the foot area keeps about a half inch of water with no scupper plugs in - no biggie, my feet are normally wet from sitting side saddle anyway!

The reason why I give this an 8/10 instead of full is its performance offshore (btb). I've had it beyond the breakers (btb) fishing for sharks and bull reds on the Texas coast twice in waves/swell less than 3 feet, but it just doesn't feel stable, every wave/swell feels like it may tip you if it catches you off guard.

In the end: If you want a fishing kayak great for bay fishing, or somewhere that not as open as the ocean, this is GREAT!!!! If you are looking for something to use for big fish on big water - test drive one before you buy it, you may want to reconsider.