Submitted: 06-04-2012 by JB

I went to demo day yesterday, and this was my favorite of all that I tried out. It was fast for a recreational kayak. I found the Vector 14 to be noticeably faster. (I was comparing with a gps; see that review)

That said, I really did like this boat's combination of features. It was a bit quicker and tracked straighter than the other kayaks of comparable size. Speed wise it a little faster than the Tarpon 140 for the same effort.

One clear difference was the seating. The Vector has a seat straight out of Necky's sit inside kayaks. There might be pros and cons to this. I really thought the seat bottom was very (as in all-day) comfortable, but the seat back might be low for some people. You really won't know unless you take it out for a few hours I suppose.

The end result? I'm ordering one of these. It's perfect for my open bay use, not too tiring for my coastal touring, and not too long for the occasional river run.

I'll update this review or submit another once I have more hours on it...