Submitted: 05-25-2012 by luv2fishnpaddle

Along with my purchase of a 2012 X Factor from Malibu Kayaks, I decided to try their new Spider Angler seat. I'm a big guy and if I'm fishing and sitting in a kayak for 6-8 hours a day, I want to be comfortable so I can enjoy the day. Well, the Spider Angler did the trick.

I've had other and more expensive seats in the past but this COD seat performed excellent while fishing and paddling. It has a high back with thick padding on both the seat and back. The gear holder which is attached on the back is great and also has an oversized pouch for keeping my water bottle close by and a center zipper pouch is perfect to hold a Pelican dry case with my phone, wallet and car keys safely inside. It also has two detachable rod holders for a net or fishing rods and several slip pouches to hold my pliers.

The initial adjustment of the seat was simple to make it fit my body. There are two brass clips that hook into the built in rings on the kayak that keep the front very secure. The back is held in place with an adjustable hook and closure. I would like to see COD use brass hooks on the rear as well but that's just my personal opinion.
Visit their website at: www.CODPaddlesports.com to see other accessories for rigging out your kayak.