Submitted: 05-24-2012 by Matt D

I am a canoe coach in the UK, and bought the Dagger Charleston 15 last year in August. It was bigger than i thought and in my view, bigger is better. When I tried it out first I found it was very twitchy when leaning to one side or the other, skeg required, I also found that the skeg can't drop down when the string is released, it needs a bit of encouragement to properly drop totally, I also discovered not so long ago that the plastic was thin where the skeg is attached because of trapped air bubbles.

I bought from Dagger because of its build quality but this was unexpected. It tracks, and controls exceptionally well on the sea and was very happy with the ample of space in the hatches, very comfortable seat for long journeys and well outfitted.

Overall, I would recommend this kayak to anyone, i am very happy with the kayak and i enjoy paddling it

Suspenz: