Submitted: 05-21-2012 by Tim

This is my first canoe and I am definitely a newbie...but I have researched canoes on this website for months before making my decision on the Adventure 16. My other choice was going to be something like the Old Town Camper, but I am quite sure I made the right decision with the Adventure which seems to track very well compared to aluminum rentals I've experienced in the past.

First, it is basically a plastic canoe with a few molded cup holders,etc...nothing fancy or elegant. But, for an entry-level canoe it is fantastic as far as I'm concerned. Yes, it's little heavy, but hey, no one is going to manufacture a 50 pound kevlar "entry-level" canoe for 2 grand, it just wouldn't make sense or sell, and that's fine.

Second, I was able to take it for a test drive at a local lake before buying it and I have to say it is extremely stable in my opinion. The initial stability is just fine, and the secondary stability is definitely there...if the paddler just relaxes a little and let's it happen, instead of over reacting and panicking.

Anyway, very happy with it and I plan on taking it out very soon on some slow bayous and lakes in the area and I'll update my post.
Oh! And the back-rests are a very nice touch!