Submitted: 05-16-2012 by slackerv

This boat looks a little ungainly out of the water, but cruising along the German roots show through in the uncanny way it resembles a U-boat.

This is my fiancee's first boat. So far we have one big beef with this boat: The combing seems to be oversized. It take two men and a healthy young boy to get the spray skirt on. We can get it on but I could see plenty of females and possibly some men having trouble detaching the skirt after capsize. My G/F did. Prijon makes their own skirts, this may solve the problem. This is a serious safety issue- I've experienced it with her on two occasions to date. The RM body and hull are very rigid and in general it's thoughtfully constructed.

The design of the seat takes some getting used to, if you have seat problems (we did) make sure all your shock cords are in position. The owners manual doesn't mention this.

The low rating has everything to do with the oversized combing and the safety issues this presents.