Submitted: 05-14-2012 by Terry

Compared to my Capella and Epic 16: The 15 ft. length and 43 lbs. makes it easier to to lift and carry, turn around and drop in the water off a dock. The larger cockpit allows me to easily enter it from a dock and exit standing up at a beach. No hatches to deal with, easy to slide a set of wheels in the back. I don't think it handles at all like a kayak. I miss edging and kayak like handling but it is much more useful for bird photography because it is very stable, has lots of room and is easy to get out of. Also, when not moving I can rotate it easily because of flat bottom. Wind pushes it around more when sitting still because no V-bottom. Tracks straight in wind with a needed correction stroke. Speed is just a hair slower than the Capella but not much. I call it my Canoe-ack.

This is a wonderful boat if you're into nature, camping, taking stuff with you, exploring, convenience, accessibility, you get the picture. You might compare it to the old Chevy El Camino a car like pick-up truck. They are just so darn handy that they are kept and cherished for years and years. Wood trim is a nice touch.