Submitted: 05-14-2012 by SE

I got my Kingfisher in '04 and have no complaints. It is my first kayak so I have nothing to compare it to. Never any leaks. Seat is comfortable it just has to be adjusted properly. I have spent 4 hours in it without standing and have been comfortable. It's fast enough for fishing. I am 6'2" and 215lbs. and I would say I can push it at a pretty good clip.

I usually fish out of it with a bucket behind the seat with anything I want to carry in it. Considerable storage room in the front compartment. The 2 rod holders behind the seat work great. It's light enough to carry although I wouldn't want to carry it far without a wheel attachment. Paddle stores well on the side (never had probs with paddle bungees'). The inner deck bends when I stand but I have no feeling that it will break under my feet. I have never tried to stand in it on the water but I have leaned over the side with a chainsaw to cut the tops off of 15 stumps or so and I had no indication that it was going to tip. It is very stable. I would guess I have caught more than a thousand bass out of it since I got it. A rudder would be a nice addition.