Submitted: 05-03-2012 by puddface
This is an addendum to the review I posted 10 years ago.
I wouldn't have thought it possible, but I actually love my Tripper more today than when I first wrote about her. This year mark's her 25th anniversary and she's still in great shape. I don't paddle much Class III stuff anymore, but still run Class II several times a year and take her canoe camping too. The front skid plate needs replacing, but after 25 years, approximately 200 trips, and nearly 2,000 miles I won't complain about a little maintenance.

There's really only two things you need to know about the Tripper - first, when I bought it my canoeing mentor chastised me saying it was too long and too hard to turn. That was in 1987 before he'd ever paddled it. Now that he has paddled it a few times he no longer says such things. Secondly, as an avid canoeing evangelist I have recruited more than a few people to the sport over the years. Many of my paddling friends fell in love with canoeing in the Tripper and I hear them comment all the time that they wish they had one.