Submitted: 04-30-2012 by Landslide

Life begins at 60... I bought my Colorado four years ago. Yes tracking is a problem. I am going to invent a better skeg. The first time I used it was on the river Thames, on a first date with a lawyer lady dressed in a woolen suite. I told her we would not get wet and just paddle up the river and have lunch at a pub.I did not know that you had to blow up the base so the walls were collapsing onto us. After 100 yards we were drenched. She figured it all out and we had a good lunch. Worst part I dropped my glasses in the river. Coming from Africa I dived in and eventually found them. There was a crowd forming as they had never seen anyone swimming in the river.Best part when we were going through a lock we had right away over the huge powered toff leisure launches.The next time I used it was with my current partner. We paddled the Wandle river that runs though outer London that was said to be un-navigable. The Colorado can handle a six foot water fall even if you don't know it was there. Believe me it was a hoot.

Problem with English rivers is it is like being on a history tour as every bend, landing or rapid has a story. We will be in the USA in July so hope to see some National Parks that you guys look after so well. Be proud of them!