Submitted: 04-30-2012 by C Fehrenbacher

This is a great little boat. I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida near Pensacola. I have taken this boat out in windy, calm, choppy, and heavy current type conditions and it shines every time. I've had it out when the waves are taller than the bow and it just cuts right through them. Typical hull slap and somewhat lethargic handling, but considerably better than many kayaks of similar design. Decent primary and excellent secondary stability for a SOT. I am able to stand-up-paddle on calm days and go perpendicular to the sets on windy days without fear of tipping. With regard to my statement about handling, it is actually quite maneuverable for a SOT. I weave in and out of pillars under docks and through rocks all the time. I have yet to purchase a rudder but it is a good idea if you plan on being in the bay for long. The seat is comfortable for a long time. and the storage is plentiful. My dog loves the huge flat storage area behind the seat. We've been out for up to 5 hours at a time so far and plan on making some longer trips soon. With good technique, this boat makes for an EXCELLENT all around kayak. I would highly recommend it to anyone that needs a do-it-all single seater that is at home in both creeks and clam to small craft ocean conditions.