Submitted: 04-30-2012 by Darc2011

Recently purchased a Sirocco after hunting for a rockered longer boat as compared to my Wilderness System 14' Tsunami. I wanted to move up in skill level with a boat that would allow this ..WOW is this the boat.

Other reviews had prepared me for the "30 mins to get use to it" and this is right actually I looked at my watch and at 26 min I said hey I like this. The first trip I pushed off and thought I was reselling the boat due to its twitchy feel compared to my Tsunami. But this would be like comparing a race car to the family station wagon.

Not a boat for your first time but once you actually hook into the boat vs just sitting there it handles, like an earlier review stated, like a jet fighter. I have paddled in 2' chop with strong winds and the rougher the water the more stable this boat becomes. The adjustable skeg allows you to go from super maneuverable to on a rail tracking by moving a lever.

The overall feel is a yak that wants to play and by my fourth trip I feel as confident as my tsunami. I would not recommend this yak as a first time boat if you big like me 6' and 215lb but if you want to move to a higher skill level boat that you will really have fun with this yaks for you. I also love the low back deck and low front very little wind effect. I can roll C to C but have not tried this yet (water still very cold in Canada eh.

Thank you for all the other reviews in helping me make my final decision.

ps the mermaid on the front is also a really cool touch