Submitted: 04-27-2012 by TrevorN
My mom bought me one of these for Christmas after I hurt my back moving my heavy Rouge River Canoe. It works great once you get the canoe on the thing but that can be difficult because the kick stand will not hold it upright unless it is sitting on a perfectly level surface (like my garage floor) most river banks and launch areas are not perfectly level so you set the C-Tug up then as soon as you pick the canoe up to put it on the C-Tug, it falls over.

I have also used my C-Tug to move my Sunfish sailboat around. I can put the Sunfish hull on it either right side up or upside down. Since the C-Tug is padded with a green rubberized material it will not scratch my hull or deck.

The rubber tires smelled AWFUL when I first took it out of the box but since I keep it out in my garage it was not a huge issue and after several months they seem to have aired out. A standard air chuck will not work to pump up the tires but I was able to use my small portable air compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter on the car to pump them up. So far I have not had any problem with them going flat.

If I take the C-Tug apart it will easily fit in the rear hatch of either my Impex Susquehanna sea kayak or my Wilderness Systems Pungo 140. Since the C-tug is all plastic and the axles are made of stainless steel getting dunked in salt water will not harm it like some other carts.

Overall I give it a nine due to the kick stand issue, but it is a very useful cart.