Submitted: 04-25-2012 by MF

I'm a complete novice so don't read too much into my review or rating, but since there have been numerous inquiries for a review on the new Expression and I've now got about 20 miles of paddling in one as my first boat I'll at least share my impressions.

I like it! No construction or quality issues found. Hatches and bulkheads are tightly sealed. Seat is quite comfy by my standards (though I've not been in it for more than 2 hours consecutive yet).

I'm a long-legged 6' 210#. I have the foot pegs at the end of their adjustment, sometimes pull them up one click if I want to be extra snug. I use it in wide-water rivers for fitness, day trips. All of my paddling has been unloaded so far.

I don't think I'm qualified enough to comment on stability & such. Will say that it has one trait that I haven't noticed before in that once it starts to turn, it wants to carve even more of a turn. (Put the skeg down and that behavior goes away). That tends to have me work a little extra hard sometimes to correct, and a tendency for me to over-correct. Would love to get others feedback on that - common to all boats or just a dim-witted paddler?