Submitted: 04-15-2012 by Ericdean

I purchased the Colorado in 2012. I did a 42 mile trip through Mammoth Cave National Park on Green River and the boat worked great. Myself, my cousin and gear for 3 days of camping (around 475lbs) and the boat worked pretty good. It did not track as good as a canoe that was with us, and we really got behind them but it worked all the Class I rapids great and the lone Class II that swamped the canoe, we tracked perfectly. I slept in the boat which was an added feature to keep in mind. Air mattress, just remove the seats and gear and a tarp overhead and I was good to go.

I would have easily given this a 10 out of 10 if it tracked a bit better, but if you are not in a hurry, I say go for it! The river was at the exact level that you can paddle right into a cave bordering the river and it was a cool break to go in 50+ feet into 60 degree water in a cave that the canoe could not navigate through the cave. Good stuff!