Submitted: 04-13-2012 by Not Happy

This skirt *seemed* like such a great idea - and has been such a disappointment. As the previous poster experienced, I too broke the implosion bar/batten trying to put it into the skirt so it SHED water and not collected it. And if you try to paddle without the bar, the skirt becomes a giant dishpan. Furthermore, it is not anywhere close to waterproof - even after I rigged a workable "batten" from 3 pieces of thin PEX plastic taped together, I got really wet when paddling in a lake with some whitecapping waves. The skirt leaked ahead of the batten; and anything that hit near the zipper went right through.

Furthermore, I contacted Harmony about the problem via email - and never heard back from them. All I wanted was a new batten....didn't seem like much of a request for a skirt that was only about 60 days old and used once??

The zipper DOES make it easy to reach inside the cockpit - so I'll give them 2 points for that. If all you need is a skirt to keep the sun off your legs, you'll like this one. I, on the other hand, have ordered a Seals brand skirt.

PFD Buyers' Guide: