Submitted: 04-12-2012 by JR

I bought the Ultimate 14.5 Solo a year ago. I've had it on streams, lakes, and rivers. I have nothing bad to say about this boat. I'm 6'5, 250lbs. My foot pedals have never slipped as some of these others have stated. Put a twist or two in your straps to avoid the noise when it's on your roof rack.

I recently started standing in it, and it's actually easier than paddle boarding...much easier. You can haul an absolute ton of stuff in this boat...there's no way you'll ever run out of room. I do have the anchor trolley on it and although I've only used a few times in windy conditions on a lake, it works great. You can rotate your boat 180 degrees using this. It floats through some pretty skinny water without dragging, too.

I don't have a front or rear skirt for it, but may buy the front skirt, although I've never really needed one. I would say you don't really need one unless you are in pretty choppy water. Even when water does come in, it doesn't get you wet, because the seat is elevated. The seat is unbelievable, by the way. I have a bad back and I can sit in this thing all day with no issues at all. You can even sit sideways and hang your feet out the boat and it doesn't waiver. I could go on and on about this boat, but I won't.

Basically....anything anybody in another review says bad about it....they're wrong. It's not heavy, either. It's 58lbs without the seat and you don't haul it on your car with the seat in. I load it on my car by myself and have no problems. It's not heavy, it's just a matter of balancing it. Buy this boat, or you'll wish you did when you settle for something else. It's pricy, but I'm in the mindset that I like to buy something one time and never have to buy it, again.