Submitted: 04-12-2012 by snotface

You either love this inflatable or hate them.
I've had mine for 15 months now, it's been used in nearly every type of water scenario going and it's still going strong. I've bashed it against rocks, dragged it over concrete, had tree tops gauge against it in dams, it's been used in the sea with 3ft waves, it's been used on tidal river's with mangrove roots stabbing into it and nothing has affected it. The outside coating on the floor chamber shows no sign of wear at all. It's not the fastest kayak/canoe in the world but I'm not using it to do speed trials. I want a vessel that will carry my large carcass around in comfort be able to fish at the same time, be very portable and pack away very easily, if that's what your after the Colorado ticks all the boxes. I have a hard shell sit on top, bought to do sea fishing, it has no stability at all in comparison, the Colorado is very stable to the extent of lifting heavily laden crab pots up out of the water with no sign of strain or bowing on the side bladdered walls. The outer heavy canvas like shell has had constant abrasion from nylon rope over the last year or so and there is no sign of ware on the fabric.

The only things to be aware of is the bladders can and will fail if over inflated or the Colorado is over loaded. There doesn't seem to be any back up service from Sevylor. If any one knows where spare bladders for the earlier Colorado's are then please let me know!