Submitted: 04-06-2012 by EAngels

I bought a Native Watercraft Ultimate 12 the first year they appeared over any other kayak or canoe... I saw all the leaders at a boat show at the biggest dealer in the US. I looked for a good quality paddle and bent shaft seemed to make sense. I picked a Cascadia by Werner from REI. I have used it in lakes and the James River at Richmond, VA probably 200 times, easily. On lakes, I have likely used it 70-100 times.

The paddle tips are fine, no damage or breakage, it remains comfortable to paddle. It is stout and not especially light. But in a river or on a breezy day, a bit of weight to the paddle helps. No arm or wrist pain ever, even paddling a river for 5-6 hours while fishing.

They are not cheap, and they are not cheaply made. You could use this an adult lifetime with reasonable care. A paddle is NOT the place to cheap out; and get the long length ... 240 CM.

NRS: