Submitted: 04-05-2012 by granite7
Been paddling the Trinadad since last summer. very pleased with the kayak as a multi-day boat. I used it all winter... where ever there was open water. Living in Montana, it handled the winter well, including trips up semi frozen rivers and lakes. Very rugged although heavy and awkward to portage.

Packs well for touring and carries weight evenly though out its length. Although strong paddling is required to truly enjoy the Trinidad on multi-day trips. Especially in windy or rough waters. I've happily taken it on 10-20 mile (per day) weekend trips and never had a real complaint. Its stability is impressive and its 'not likely to tip' unless careless behavior is involved - such as standing up in the kayak in open water.

Because of its size, weight and width it may be quite difficult to "tandem roll" back up after a tip in sea waves or white-water. I've taken it down class I, II and short III's. In such conditions, "wet exits" would be the standard in this kayak. But with practice, the skill of performing the "tandem eskimo roll" is possible for strong experienced paddlers to acquire.

Overall, a great kayak. Even if I buy another lightweight tandem in the future, I'll hang on to this one as my bombproof multi-day'er . I'm planning on buying a wind sail for longer expedition type trips. 100+ milers.