Submitted: 04-02-2012 by andrewcurtis

I bought the LL coupe last fall and finally got to take it out recently. This is my first SOT kayak, I usually paddle a canoe and needed something smaller and lighter that I could paddle anywhere and the Coupe fits the bill. My only gripe is that it IS a soggy ride. Water has a tendency to come in through the scupper holes in rough water. I simply got some hard foam balls and plugged up the front holes...problem solved.

It has decent primary stability and great secondary stability as it takes waves and rapids with ease and I never feel it will tip. This thing is all over the place without the skeg though, although I can see how it would help in whitewater. I use this thing for fishing and it is much easier to get around in than my canoe. The Coupe is a great all around kayak that can do just about anything you want to do on the water and it won't break the bank.