Product Reviews - Send Message
You are responding to the following review:
Submitted: 03-30-2012 by Mark K
- One of the things that sold me was that the XP uses ABS Plastic which is what they use on their white-water kayaks and it is probably one of the more punishment ready kayaks out there.
- The Bad Ass Outfitting is, without much argument, the best in the industry.
- It is said that the materials used are supposedly more resistant to fading especially the yellow models.
- The two channels on the bottom of the boat and the drop down skeg allow for surprisingly good tracking for a boat this length and width. Also, the skeg has two features I liked.
- The Remix skeg operates with a handle to the right of the cockpit that is very accessible and swivels forward to deploy the skeg and backward to raise it. The Pyranha has a skeg for tracking as well but is designed w/ a pull string that may eventually break from abuse or just getting wet all the time etc… Not a big deal but I liked the LL design better.
- The skeg on the Remix is spring loaded so if you forget its down and hit a rock it will automatically raise rather than break or bend rendering the skeg useless. I believe the Fusion skeg locks in place.
- The Remix deck rigging / bulkheads are designed with a thick foam material and the front can be removed running all the way from the bow back to the front edge of the cockpit. This design seems to be more substantial than some of the others I looked at.
- Although the stern hatch is very easy to get to the plastic latch in the very back is not a great design in my opinion and mine already broke. You can most likely find straps that could be installed should this happen but don't feel it would be necessary had it been designed a little better. With that said, even with it broken it still hasn't caused a leakage problem yet with doing anything which is a good thing.
- The skeg wire in the XP10 is out of the way in the storage compartment while the XP9's runs in the center of the opening. The size of the boat most likely limits where it could be run but its a small issue if you are concerned more about cargo space.
* All you need to do is submit the form above and an email message will be sent to the owner of the ad you are enquiring about.