Submitted: 03-30-2012 by sbank03

I have paddled at least 10 similar boats, and the Bliss is among the best. It is absolutely silky in the water due to the relatively sharp keel. It is not as versatile for different bodies as, say, the Perception Swifty or the Heritage Featherlite. The fit is snug. I'm female, 5'7", 130 lbs, slim build. The Bliss fits me perfectly but might not be comfortable for someone with wider hips & bottom, or with big feet. It will not carry much- just a little day bag. I wouldn't add deck rigging, as the secondary stability is carefully tuned and could be thrown off by too much top weight. The fore & aft foam blocks take up most of the boat. the cockpit is smaller and almost triangular, so you won't have the variety of leg positions that you would with a similar boat, but you will be drier. Foot braces are very easy to adjust on the water.

The geometry of the Bliss is snug, allowing a silky-smooth ride and superb tracking and cornering. I find the Bliss' narrowness so much more comfortable and efficient than the wider cockpit and overall beam of other boats I've paddled. It is sensitive to your stroke. It isn't the all-purpose, all-paddler beginner boat that outfitters use. It is a small, sleek, responsive boat for a small paddler on a variety of waters.

I have paddled it on a slow river and on salt marshes with lots of oyster beds. The Bliss gets scratched as would any other plastic boat. It is light and easy to cartop and carry by yourself.

The teeny grab handles are useless as-is, so I looped some cord through a 6" piece of old garden hose and threaded everything through the factory handles to make usable grab handles.

If you are a small-framed person and have not yet paddled a women's-specific boat, the Bliss will make a believer out of you!