Submitted: 09-10-2000 by wwrivrrat

The "all inclusive package" (paddle, seat and hatches all included) of the Pursuit made this boat appealing, however the performance, ergonomics, and excellent hull design of this sit on top was what really sold me. This boat beats the Scrambler in performance in tracking and speed without a doubt. It's a bit tippier than the Scrambler initially, however after just one paddle trip, this is not even an issue. I have an extra one that I take guests out with and even those who have never paddled before can use it without tipping. With some effort, I have even been able to keep pace with paddlers in regular "sit in" touring kayaks where with other SOT's, that just was not possible (even with great effort). It is a very versatile boat and I use it for touring in the ocean, bays and for river tripping. I also use it for surfing. In the ocean, it carves through the surf with ease. For surfing however, the back hatch usually gets some water in it if you're getting dumped a lot. The Pursuit also has eyelets for thigh straps, and using them you have a lot more maneuverability in the surf. Overall, this is a great recreational boat, which is comfortable and fast. No regrets on this boat.