Submitted: 03-24-2012 by ags

I recently purchased an Old Town Pac canoe. After reading countless reviews, I thought this might be the boat for me. Not so. Being 6'1",and 250#, and 71 years of age, I could not get comfortable in it, but that's me, no reflection on the boat. I called the Jersey Paddler where I bought it and asked if I could trade up to a larger boat. No problem at all. The people there are very customer friendly.

I purchased a 15 ft Camper. It is a fine canoe and very stable and leaned over, you can make good time. I LIKE IT. Since I'll be mostly soloing, throwing it up on my Suburban using the yoke is very cumbersome so I removed it and added two thwarts amidship 26 inches apart and what a difference. Better control much easier to load/unload. I believe this boat is the same dimensions as my Old Town Pathfinder that I sold years ago, 36" by 14'10". Anyway, enjoy the outdoors, use your PFDs, stay safe.