Submitted: 03-21-2012 by trvlrerik
I purchased my Inuit 12.5 looking for a small general purpose boat that is easy to throw on my truck and go for a short (3-4 hour) ride. It is equipped with a rudder.

In flatwater and creek running it rewards steep angle paddling with straight tracking and quick acceleration, also having pretty decent glide for such a short boat. It turns on a dime in tight areas. On lakes it cuts through chop with little to no spray. On windy days (over 25mph) the rudder made tracking and wind cocking a non issue. On most trips I have found that edging will adjust tracking enough to make the rudder a luxury and not a necessity.

I was not expecting the amount of primary stability that the Inuit has, making it a good boat for a beginner. Secondary stability is also good, I have not pushed this hard as the water is still a little cold for rolling.

Overall this is a very fun boat that is easy to control, very comfortable, and easy to adjust to multiple paddlers with the velcro side pockets making it easy to add foam to adjust the fit of the seat. I give the Inuit a 9 because in is a good boat over a wide range of conditions. For a day tripper recreational boat it is a 10.