Submitted: 03-19-2012 by h20_yeah

I'm in love. With a boat. 5'5 130lb girl meets 16' 22" dragon red Slipstream and lived happily ever after.

First, it is beautiful. The shape of this boat is very sexy, a head turner on the water or on your car rack. Glides through water like butter. Used to own Eddyline Nighthawk that slammed its bow after every wave/wake. The Slipstream rides effortlessly through the water. Turns easily, but be vigilant; like an earlier reviewer said, an inch too far on edge and you'll go right over. Super small but dry hatches - pack wisely. I find the cockpit is a bit long & deck a little high where I need extra foam to have more control. When rolling or sculling, I found myself wanting to float out of the cockpit. Wish the deck height was around 12" instead of 13.5. Seat and backband are extremely comfortable. Very light boat - am able to load/unload solo easily.

Was looking for a Valley Avocet LV for my long term mate but have fallen for the Slipstream and this seems to be THE one. Too bad they don't make them anymore unless you special order one. You won't find a lot of details or discussion forums on the web about this boat. I found this one on a web classifieds ad, drove two hours to get it, bought without paddling it, kept my fingers crossed that it didn't drown me on my maiden voyage out due to what others describe as twitchiness, hoping this wasn't too advanced of a boat for me, and was rewarded with a well behaved (if you respect its capabilities) boat that is so, so much fun to paddle.

If you find one and you're the right size for it (I would say less than 170lbs), you will be very pleased with it.