Submitted: 03-13-2012 by rjr

I purchased this great kayak last year in the early summer. I used it on 5 or 6 trips on the Grand River in Michigan. Today our weather was great so I knocked of the winter dust and put her in at Holly Recreation area.

This kayak is a very stable boat. I find 1-2 foot waves are no problem for the craft. The price I paid on sale last year was 279.99 and a real bargain for what you get. I have yet to fish with the yak but that will take place this June when I will take her to Isle Royale and carefully and cautiously explorer the edges and islands of this great national park. I feel confident with this stable and sea worthy kayak. I have no real negative issues other than the seat and it's back are not good at all. I modified it, added pad and a 10-11" back support - rest that I can adjust for my old / bad back.... that is why I drop to a nine out of ten...

A great kayak for me...and a super bargain..... Mine is tan... I think they made the 144 trophy in olive as well....